How To Choose The Right Kitchen Sink For Your Home
The kitchen is the heart of the home, but did you know the sink is the heart of the kitchen?
60% of time spent in the kitchen is at the sink station. And that’s a lot of time, considering the average Canadian spends about 6 hours per week in the kitchen.
Since you will be spending so much time at your kitchen sink, it’s extremely important that you choose the right one to make tasks like…
- Food preparation
…so much easier!
Finding the right sink
Kitchen sinks are one of the hardest working parts of the kitchen, so how do you go about choosing the right one for your needs and design?
- Know what kinds of choices and options are available
- Know what your needs and preferences are
- Know what material you want the sink to be made of
- Know the overall size you need (single, multi-bowl, etc)
Once you know that, finding the perfect sink for your kitchen will be a breeze!
Kitchen Sinks That Will Add Value To Your Home
1. Large, single basin
A single, deep kitchen sink allows you to easily soak and wash larger pots and pans, or prep large quantities of food.
2. Two multi-size basins
Two different sized basins allow you to complete different tasks, like cleaning dishes and preparing food, while keeping everything separate.
Many homeowners also use their dual basin sinks for strategic dishwashing, like using one side of the sink for soaking and the other for rinsing.
The big idea is that you can clean up in the larger basin and prep in the smaller one.
3. Two equal-size basins
Similar to the multi-size basins, the equal-size basin allows you to separate your cleaning, prepping, washing, and rinsing jobs.
The only difference is this kitchen sink is great for people who love symmetry in design.
Types of sink installations
There are a variety of ways kitchen sinks can be installed. Here are the 3 basic installation methods:
- Flush mount
Rock With Us recommends getting an undermount sink installation, which are attached under the countertop. Why?
- Undermount sinks allow you to brush items from the counter directly into the sink, eliminating the possibility of any food or liquid getting trapped between the counter and sink
- Heavier kitchen sinks (cast iron or stone) look beautiful with this type of installation, though they do require a well-designed mounting system
- Their seamless design works well with granite and engineered stone countertops
- Can be installed with a positive, negative, or zero reveal
- Undermount installation allows extra bowl depth
Know which sink you want? Get it installed in one day!
After you’ve decided on a sink for your kitchen, you can get it installed in just one day with us.
Rock With Us offers professional installations and same-day plumbing to save you the hassles that come with renovations.
Ready to rock with us?
We know how important your kitchen is to you, that’s why we offer sinks that complement every type of stone we carry.
The experts at Rock With Us are always happy to help, and look forward to helping you find a sink for your dream kitchen. Contact us today!